Monday, September 13, 2010

Open Beta Experiences: Volume 1

     A couple weeks ago Gaidon was able to get an open beta key for FFXIV, it has only a week before it releases. So we thought we would poke around and see what the fuss was all about. First off however, the game itself is a beast to run from a system requirement standpoint. My own PC can't handle it currently, however it is a good excuse to try and upgrade my 5 year old computer... So anyway, I have popped on a couple times and played around with the first opening mission, the leveling system, and messing with the magic classes.

I won't go into a whole lot of detail, because the game is still in beta, it still needs polishing and tweeking, so I have stayed away for the most part to not get burnt out on an unfinished product. However I did do some research on starting zones and try out a couple. I think I have settled on my new starting city home.....drumroll.....Gridania!!








Yes, visually this city is most akin to a Windhurst starting zone, but monster poulation wise, and ease of navigation this zone seemed far easier to me then the others. It is also slated to be the far most popular starting zone in most polls. But what really sold me was the opening cutscene which has a guest appearance of everyone's favorite chubby character...the moogle!!!!

I have yet to decide firmly on classes professions and a server yet, but will be doing research in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment